Among a few Konkona's upcoming films, the most awaited one for me is "Iti Mrinalini" , a film by "Aparna Sen", life of an actress whose career spans two decades, starting from the 1950s. The Time of India has an articel about the film,where Konkona plays the younger version of the actress.
It includes the first still I've seen from the film, in which Konkona with her c0-star Shaheb Bhattacharjee (who plays Mrinalini collage love interest), uploaded above. There is still no release date, hopefully for a fall next year release.
Saturday, 10 October 2009
Saturday, 3 October 2009
Watching "Wake up Sid" is like visiting an oasis while living so long in a desert. I really delighted every single moments of Konkona on screen ; while she leads from the front with her simple yet gorgeous looks. Her sensuous and soft dialogue delivery wins over the viewer in the first scene itself. Konkona handles Ranbir just like a mature understanding lady, in love with a young innocent boy.
(special mention is this time I get impression on Ranbir, who is a supremely talented actor! just wow)
Here are review from various sources (emphasize on Konkona SenSharma)
- Konkona as Aisha is simply outstanding. Her performance underlines how good actors instil regular part with real soul. ( Avijit Ghosh-Time of India )
- Konkona is natural to the core and the best part is, she's so effortless. Here's another winning performance from this incredible performer.( Taran Adarsh - bollywoodhungama.com)
- Konkona Sen Sharma is dependable as usual and is expressive in her act.(Gaurav Malani, Econominc Times)
- Konkona treads familiar territory. There are occasions when she evokes a strong sense of déjà vu but the actress still finds ways to make her Aisha unique with a mix of patience, warmth, effortless sensuality and wide-eyed romanticism. (rediff.com)
- Konkona Sen also impresses and plays her part confidently.( Pankhuri Kapoor - Total Family)
- Konkona, not known for her glamorous image, keeps pace with the cute Kapoor lad. The two look fabulous together. It's only a tight script and a good director that could weave this magic. (Martin D'Souza - Bollywood Trade News Network)
- Konkona SenSharma has played these independent, career driven roles before. But despite a sketchy part, her natural enthusiasm is an asset to the film. (Anand Vaishnav . Buzz18 )
- Konkana Sen Sharma is good yet again. Frankly, she doesn’t need dialogues, her eyes and facial expressions do the trick. And although she looks slightly older to Ranbir, the role she plays is of a older woman. ( Indicine Team )