Saturday 24 November 2007

Konkona as Charulata !

No, this isn't her next project.

I have read a interesting question of Shreyas Talpade on Konkona! (Filmfare -November issue)


"If you were given a chance to direct a remade of a Classics, which one would it be, who would you cast and why?"

Konkona Sen Sharma: "I don't really want to remake a classics but just for the sake of fantasy, I would choose Satyajit Ray's "Charulata" because I've always dreamt of playing the role. Of course , I would cast myself as Charulata. Since I am too lazy to act and direct, I would let someone else direct. And the rest of the cast has to be the same as original. I don't want any change."


Same with me , I really want to see Koko play the Madhabi Mukherjee Classic role as lonely and heart-breaking wife .Hopefully someone will make this dream true.

No comments: