Wednesday 26 September 2007

My Disappointment for India's Official Entry to Oscar 2007 !


The India's Official Entry to Oscar is announced and I feel a bit disappointment for this announcement. I had an good expectation for this "Eklavya: The Royal Guard" before release and I shifted my return to Myanmar for this film at February this year. But I came back home with disappointment for this movie. I cannot appreciate the concept and haven't felt satisfaction for this movie.

But now this movie is chosen for this year Oscar ! There are a lots of good movie for this years release like Cahak De India! (unacceptable for unreal event of movie) , Gandhi, My Father ,Life in a Metro and Mani Ratnam hopefully "Guru". But this is really an unbelievable choice for me . I really feels that India Film Industry needs Oscar for their pride and honour and hopefully that real Oscar-worth film comes out from India Film Industry.
Moreover, Tabu is said to be nominated for Best Actress/Best Supporting Actress for this year. I hope she will be nominated for Best Supporting Actress which has more chances to win Oscar (this years has a lots of good female role in Hollywood :Cate Blanchett for "Golden Age" , "I am not there" and others). Anyway I urgently waiting for Oscar Nominations and ceremony for this years and wish India to be proud for this year.

Please share your comments for this years Oscar Entry !
And Please take a look for director Vidhu Vinod Chopra 's Oscar Experience ! (Interesting !)


No comments: