There will be six indian Films will premiere in this festival :
- "Dharm" :Oscar running-up film for this year ,
- "Eklavya" : Oscar submitted this year ,
- "Loins of Punjab Presents": comedy set in New Jersey starring Shabana Azmi ,
- "Dosar" : acclaimed film of Rituparno Ghosh and stars Prosenjit Chatterjee and Konkona Sen Sharma ,
- "Chauraahein (Crossroads) ":disconnected people in search of something to overcome the mundane reality. It stars Soha Ali Khan and Victor Banerjee.
- "Rivaaz (Tradition)": by NRI director Ashok Kumar Nanda, is a hard-hitting film that denounces the practice of prostitution as a family profession in some parts of India.
Konkona " Dosar" will premiere on 5th October at 8:00 P.M. at Clearview Cinema, located at 1871 Broadway at 62nd Street.
For "Dosar", I mentioned once before here. Even I haven't watched this movie the reviews state that : "Konkona Sen Sharma as Kaberi, arguably the best performance to date from one of the most talented actresses in Indian cinema."
I am waiting forward DVD release of this film and if anyone knows the information please let me know.If you have been watched please share the review.